Festival speech synthesis system
The Festival Speech Synthesis System software offers a framework for building speech synthesis systems, as well as including examples of various modules.
- Any applications where speech synthesis is required
Following acceptance of the terms and conditions, a link will be provided to enable the download of the Festival software and speech tools.
The Festival Speech Synthesis System offers full text to speech through a number application programming interfaces (APIs) and is also a tool for the development of speech synthesis methods.
Festival is multi-lingual, including English (British and American) and Spanish with English being the most advanced. Voice packages for other languages exist and continue to be developed.
The system is written in C++ and uses the Edinburgh Speech Tools Library for low level architecture and has a Scheme (SIOD) based command interpreter for customisation.
- Written in C++ and uses the Edinburgh Speech Tools Library for low level architecture
- Offers full text to speech through a number APIs
- Multi-lingual (including English British, English American and Spanish)
UNIVERSITY SERVICES AVAILABLE
- Commercial high‐quality multi‐accent pronunciation lexicons for English with advanced features for use with the Festival Speech Synthesis System can be licensed from EI’s Click‐thru Licensing System.