Knowing how to source and access funding for innovation can be a challenge for companies both large and small.
Edinburgh Innovations has a proven track record of identifying the most relevant source for a particular company project as well as providing support for applications.
These schemes can cover product research and development,
commercialisation of research and business growth. We can help companies and organisations navigate to the most appropriate stream to ensure success.
Funding in Scotland
- Interface offers programmes to encourage collaborations between business and Scottish universities.
Funding in the UK
- Innovate UK provides funding of between £25,000 and £10m to develop innovative products, processes or services.
- Industry Strategy Challenge Fund is a £1bn fund over four years to bring together the UK’s research and business to meet the major industrial and societal challenges of our
- UKRI funding supports excellent research, as judged by peer review, that has an impact on the growth, prosperity and well-being of the UK.
- Wellcome Trust supports collaborations between universities and industry partners.
- British Heart Foundation supports the development of technologies with transformative potential from the proof-of-concept stage to being ready for the commercial market.
- The Royal Society Industry programme aims to enhance knowledge transfer in science and technology between those in industry and those in academia in the UK.
- Global Challenges Research Fund is a
five-year, £1.5bn fund to tackle global challenges in the national
interest, addressing problems faced by developing countries.
- Horizon 2020 is a seven-year, €80bn fund to ensure Europe produces world-class science,
removes barriers to innovation and makes it easier for the public and
private sectors to work together in delivering innovation.
- European Space Agency (ESA) co-funds novel, space-related PhD and post-doc research
activities to increase interaction between ESA, European universities,
research and industry.