FREEDOM OF INFORMATION
The Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 requires Scottish public authorities to produce and maintain a publication scheme.
As a subsidiary company of the University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh Innovations Limited (EI) has adopted the Model Publication Scheme 2015 produced by the Scottish Information Commissioner.
This scheme has the Commissioner’s approval until 31 May 2019.
EI FREEDOM OF INFORMATION PUBLICATION SCHEME
The purpose of the Guide to Information is to:
- allow you to see what information is available (and what is not available) in relation to each class
- state what charges may be applied
- explain how you can find the information easily
- provide contact details for enquiries and to get help with accessing the information
- explain how to request information we hold that has not been published.
OTHER RELEVANT FOI PUBLICATION SCHEMES
EI acts as a Freedom of Information Publication Scheme administrator for other University of Edinburgh subsidiary companies:
THE FREEDOM OF INFORMATION (SCOTLAND) ACT 2002
Under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002, Scottish public authorities are under a legal obligation to:
- publish the classes of information that they make routinely available
- tell the public how to access the information and what it might cost.
Further information regarding the Freedom of Information Act (Scotland) Act 2002 is available on the Scottish Information Commissioner’s website.
1-7 Roxburgh Street
Edinburgh EH8 9TA
0131 650 9090
SIGN UP TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Join our conversation and stay up-to-date with the latest innovations, news and upcoming events