The University of Edinburgh has been shortlisted in the Outstanding Entrepreneurial University category of the Times Higher Education Awards 2019.
Reaching the final of the competition reflects the quality and quantity of support and services provided to the University’s staff and students by Edinburgh Innovations, particularly the Enterprise Services team. It also reflects a high quality submission by the team into the awards.
The full submission – a summary of which is available on the THE Awards website – highlights EI’s comprehensive services offered across the University and the success in embedding the entrepreneurial attitude throughout the University’s activities and culture.
Highlights of the past year’s enterprise activities:
- More than 800 one-to-one advisory meetings with entrepreneurial staff and students
- 47 startups launched, a 27% rise on the previous year
- £14 million invested in startups
- £3.3 million in grants awarded
- Student social enterprise group Enactus Edinburgh won the national competition and represented the UK at the Enactus World Cup.
Student and staff events
EI continues to build its successful calendar of events for entrepreneurial staff and students, including Business Bootcamps, the UK’s longest-established 3-Day Startup programme, Pitch ‘n’ Mix, Find Your Startup, and the annual Inspire Launch Grow awards.
The THE Awards will be announced in London on 28 November 2019.