Learn how to develop your career by engaging business with your knowledge, skills and experience. This can be either through your research or as a consultant as part of your academic post within CAHSS at the University of Edinburgh. We start with defining what collaborative research and consultancy is, then work with you to refine and communicate your offer to business. We will explore how the University of Edinburgh can support you in developing these opportunities with external organisations.
The workshops will provide you with:
- An overview of business needs and challenges and how your input can have impact
- The opportunity to scope potential companies or sectors of industry that might be interested in you and your skills
- Communication skills to efficiently and effectively to communicate with the business world to attract opportunities
- Practical online materials to maximise the use of your time and engage with learning in a more meaningful way
- A comprehensive support pack outlining the services and funding from the University that can support you in your career
After the session, the College Business Development Manager and/or Consultancy Manager from Edinburgh Innovations will meet with you one to one to discuss your own situation more in depth and offer contextualised assistance.
Who’s it for?
Postdoctoral researchers, research staff and lecturers at all levels within the College of Arts Humanities and Social Sciences. The course is aimed at people with no or little experience of working with business either through their research or as a consultant.
This is also a great opportunity to network with other academics across CAHSS.
Date: 4 March and 25 March 2019
Time: 12.30pm-5.00pm with approximately 3 hours of online learning. Lunch and refreshments are provided.
Venue: Project Room 1.06, 50 George Square (Central Area)
You need to be available to attend both workshops on the 4 and 25 March and commit to 3 hours of online learning in-between.