Masterclass: Fundamentals of Spinouts is a new workshop designed to support entrepreneurial staff at the University of Edinburgh who feel that starting a company is the best way forward for developing their business idea. It offers a wide range of information about the process of starting a business at the University of Edinburgh and explains the main steps of business formation and management.
- Learn about why and when a spinout is appropriate
- Meet potential mentors and business partners
- Network with like-minded university peers
- Hear best practices, examples and case studies
- Benefit from advice on what is required to form a spinout, the main stages of the company formation process and exit strategies
Topics covered include:
- Starting a spinout company
- What is required to form a spinout
- Essential procedures and things to consider before company formation
- University Company formation process
- Considerations on the first months and year of operations
- Exiting the business
Date: 11 December 2018
Time: 13.30 – 16.00 (the workshop is preceded by a networking tea & coffee from 13.30 – 14:00)
Venue: Hudson Beare Building, Classroom 7, Colin Maclaurin Road, King’s Buildings, Edinburgh EH9 3DW
Presenter: The session presenter is John Lonsdale, Head of Enterprise Services at Edinburgh Innovations, University of Edinburgh.
This session is open to academic, post-doctoral researchers and support staff at the University of Edinburgh. If you have any questions about eligbility or the session please contact the Teodora Handrea.